Are you aware of common risk factors that lead to the creation of malocclusions? A malocclusion is an oral health ailment in which an individual is suffering from teeth that are not aligned properly. This is also known as a bad bite. Furthermore, jaw structure problems can also cause malocclusions. Here are some common malocclusions to watch out for when looking at you or your child’s bite:
– Misplaced midlines arise when the center of your upper incisors fails to line up with the center of your lower incisors.
– Underbites occur when your lower front incisors are sticking out past your upper front incisors. These are also known as bulldog teeth.
– Overbites occur when the upper incisors stick out past the lower incisors. These are also known as overjets and buck teeth.
– Open bites arise when the top and bottom incisors do line up.
– Other common types of malocclusions are overcrowding, rotation and transposition malocclusions.
Enhance your smile with orthodontic treatments. If you would like to visit with Dr. Gary Lee Breece and our team at Orthodontic Solutions for a comprehensive examination, please call 580-233-2557 to set up an appointment at our orthodontic office in Enid, Oklahoma. Our team will be more than happy to treat your smile and help find the solution you need today!