Invisalign® is a series of aligners that are created just for you. The aligners are made of nearly invisible plastic that is smooth and comfortable. The aligners are worn over the teeth and gradually shift them into their proper places. Every two weeks, a new set of aligners is given to progress the patient to the next step of their orthodontic treatment. If you have malocclusion issues, talk to Dr. Gary Lee Breece to see if Invisalign in Enid, Oklahoma, is right for you.
Invisalign can be used for a number of alignment and bite issues. The main issues that Invisalign can correct are as follows:
– Crowding: Crowding occurs when there is not enough room in your jaw for your teeth to fit properly. Crowded teeth can get worse over time if not treated.
– Gapped teeth: Gaps between the teeth may be because of missing teeth or because of a jawbone that is too large for your smile.
– Crossbite: The upper and lower jaws are both misaligned in a crossbite. One or more of the upper teeth will sit on the inside of the lower teeth. This can lead to tooth wear, gum disease, and bone loss.
– Overbite: The upper teeth bite over the lower teeth. This can lead to gum problems, wear on the lower teeth, and joint problems.
– Open bite: Some teeth are not able to make contact with the opposing teeth. An open bite can cause poor chewing and speech impairment. This can also lead to TMJ disorders.
– Underbite: Underbite occurs when the lower teeth sit in front of the upper teeth. This can be caused by undergrowth of the upper jaw, overgrowth of the lower jawbone, or both. Missing upper teeth can also cause an underbite.
To learn more and to set up an appointment with our orthdontist, please contact our office today.